Academic Writing Lab
The Department of English and Modern Foreign Languages offers special assistance in composition-related problems through the Writing Center. Staffed by faculty members and trained peer instructors, the center offers assistance on five levels.
- Students with basic writing problems can find help with grammar and mechanics.
- Intermediate students are assisted in organization and paragraph and theme development.
- Advanced students are aided in research techniques, documentation, and planning the long paper.
- Students may bring in creative works for evaluation and professional suggestions.
- The Writing Center also assists students whose native language is not English.
Any Lee University student may use these facilities by making an appointment in the center. Tutorial sessions are operated on a one-to-one basis, last for thirty minutes, and must be scheduled in advance.